Right along side of my love for real estate is my love for interior design. I love the challenge of creating that room that people fall in love with. If you are anything like me or if one of your Pinterest boards is for interiors, you may find this interesting. Realtor.com recently posted an article entitled 10 Interior Design Trends That Are So Completely Over for 2017. In this blog, I will pull forward those 10 areas. I have to admit it breaks my heart if a few of these disappear as they are favorites of mine.
1. FAUX MID-CENTURY MODERN - I won't miss this one. Don't get me wrong, I like simple, clean lines but this one just felt to retro to me. If you love this one, don't worry, we all know these things come around on a cyclical schedule so your time will come again.
2. SHIPLAP - Ok, now I am upset... but not likely as upset as Joanne Gains. I love this stuff. It has been such a great way to add some warmth to a room and bring a little nature indoors. I guess this is a case of too much of a good thing as shiplap began to encase whole households.
3. BARN DOOR SLIDERS - No, not these... I never tire of this look. Perhaps for the same reason I like shiplap. However, this one is predicted to be on its way out as well. On the bright side, for those of us who loved this accent but never had the room on the walls near the doorways, we won't have to regret not being able to do it for long.
4. WHITE ON WHITE KITCHENS - I admit it, I love white cabinets but was too close minded to turn my whole kitchen white. However, I have some good friends who have made breathtaking kitchens from this style leading me to ask the question... will white on white kitchens ever really be out of style of have the cabinet and countertop makers injected this as a roomer to stir up interest in new options? You have to wonder.
5. COPPER - Although this is highlighted as a design fad that is coming to a close, I have to admit, I can't say I see much of this around in Naples so perhaps this one will be an easy one to swallow here in SW Florida.
6. GRAY - Hmmm. So if Gray was the new Beige, what will the new Gray be? They say the new trend will be with warmer colors like mochas and taupes. I guess my walls are safe for now as they are called Graige.
7. MONOCHROMIC DESIGNS - Say that fast five times. OK, say it fast once. They say it is too coordinated. So, for those with OCD tendencies, perhaps you may want to wean this one slowly.
8. GLAM LOOKS - Much like the Gray rationale, they say this one is being replaced by warmer elements... My friends, it is already plenty warm here in SW Florida... are we adding a steamer?
9. CARRARA MARBLE - Wait, I had always been told that marble was timeless... but I get it. Today's society is looking for easy... and marble is not necessarily easy, especially when compared to quartz and soapstone. Well, since the white on white kitchen is going away, that Carrara was going to be lonely anyhow.
10. HEAVY INDUSTRIAL THEMES - This one just blew some of my furniture pieces. So, I was glad to hear this one wasn't necessarily exiting stage right but rather just softening a bit. I can actually handle that.
So, the million dollar question is... whose home did we just turn upside down with these insights?
To read the full article at Realtor.com CLICK HERE
NAPLES REAL ESTATE BLOG
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 2
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 7px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors = 1
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results